Chekin (referred to as “company” “we”, “us”, “our” in this policy) is a platform connecting accountants with business and individual entities looking for accounting services in the United Kingdom. We share the concerns of users and visitors about the manner in which personal data is used or shared online with entities. We value and respect the privacy of users and visitors to our site https://chekin.co.uk/
(referred to as ‘Our Site’) and will strictly use the collected personal data in ways specifically spelt out here, in pursuance of our obligations to your privacy and the law.
Further queries/clarifications can be sought from our designated Data Protection Officer, available at –
71-75 Shelton Street,Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ
For the purpose of interpretation, the terms in this policy mean the following
||Refers to an account necessary to use the platform or access our services.
||Refers to the information stored on your computer or device in the form of a file when you visit or use specific pages or features of Our Site. More details on Cookies are explained in subsequent sections.
||Refers to any data pertaining to an individual who can be identified either directly or indirectly from that data. Specifically, it refers to personal data that you furnish on Our Site.
||Refers specifically to Chekin, a limited company registered in England with company number “11134221” operating out of its registered address, at 71-75 Shelton Street,Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ..
|Controller and Processor
||Chekin is both data Processor and Controller as spelt out by the provisions of GDPR.
Our Clients and Respondents also function as a Controller for the data Chekin has on them while Chekin will become the Processor. Our Clients and Respondents have the right to see all information we have on them, in addition to being able to edit, modify or delete any information held on the database.
- Chekin owns and operates this site, referred as ‘Our Site’
- Contact information of Amit Agarwal, the designated Data Protection Officer at Chekin. Contact through email at [email protected], or through post at 71-75 Shelton Street,Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
- Our operations are governed under relevant provisions of the EU GDPR and Data Protection Act of the UK.
Rights of users/visitors
- The GDPR has spelt out the rights of data subjects, in this case, users/visitors and we uphold your rights as listed below.
- Your right to be informed about the methods of collection and subsequent use of personal data
- Your right of access to the collected personal data – additional details available in subsequent sections
- Your right to modify personal data if the collected data is found to be incomplete or incorrect. Subsequent sections list out the mechanism for contacting us in this regard
- Your right to be forgotten, in the event that you desire all collected personal data about you to be deleted. While we store personal data about visitors for a limited time, on a need basis, we will respect your right to be forgotten by deleting all such information as mandated by GDPR.
- Your right to request preventing of processing of collected personal data
- Your right to seek a copy of the collected data for use with another service provider – also known as your right to data portability
- Your right to raise objections and pre-empt use of personal data for specific purposes
- Your rights concerned with permitting decision making processes and profiling through automation.
- Your complaints about use of personal data, will be handled by our Data Protection Officer, and in the event of a dispute, the complaint can be escalated to the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s supervisory authority.
Nature of Data We Collect
Our Site collects data that could include some or all personal/non-personal data as listed below:
- date of birth;
- business/company name
- contact information
- locational information
- financial information
- IP address of device/connection
- details of web browser and version;
- operating system;
- activity history - URL of referring site, activity on Our Site, and exit site
- Contact details requested
- Activity on our site including searches, clicks etc
- Submitted data about a person, or a company or any entity
Use of Your Data
- Personal data is processed and securely stored for necessary duration to meet the purpose for which it was originally collected in compliance with provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
- Personal data is used for legitimate purposes in pursuance of a contract, or for the purpose of despatching newsletters to verified visitors. Personal data is used specifically for the purpose of
- Establishing and managing your Account
- Offering access to Our Site/services
- Offering appropriate services of Our Site as per specific user needs
- Delivery of services/products
- Responding to email queries
- To carry out market research
- For analytics to understand user experience and improve service
- For the purpose of Newsletter Subscription. Our newsletter is made available only to those visitors on our website who subscribe to our newsletter by sharing their email id with us. following which visitors are registered as subscribers of our newsletter
- Pursuant to consent and/or permission by law personal data may be used for the purpose of marketing through email, phone, text messages or post. This will be in compliance with obligations under the provisions of Data Protection Act 1998 and
- Third parties who act as Data Controllers include Google Analytics, Hotjar, Drift Chat and Sendinblue, whose services we use on Our Site may use third party Cookies. We do not exercise control over the policies of third parties or the data collected and used. Users are called upon to ascertain the privacy policies of all third parties.
Google Analytics - helps us track the movement of Visitors within our website and the time spent on site along with other log information. Personal identifiable data shared with us is not captured, stored or used.
Drift Chat - is used and operated by Chekin as a chat option. Drift is legally not permitted to store or use any data shared with Chekin.
Sendinblue – is used for the purpose of registration and delivery of our monthly e-newsletter. We collect personal information, which is then used for sharing information sought by users, and to contact users for the purpose of providing additional information. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses. We gather statistics concerning email opening and clicks to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any point of time by clicking on the unsubscribe link or by emailing our data protection officer.
Hotjar: Is used to create user heatmaps and recording in order to understand how the end user is using the website.
Storage of Data
- Personal data is stored only for the necessary duration to meet the actual requirement or for as long as permitted by individuals.
Sensitive Personal Data
GDPR specifies a set of personal data categories which are considered to be “sensitive”, requiring special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not intentionally collect or process any sensitive personal data.
About Children’s Personal Data
This website, and any services available from this website, are not directed at children under the age of 13. If you are aware of a child under the age of 13 sharing personal information without having parental consent, please contact the Chekin Data Protection Officer to enable us to take appropriate action.
Sharing of Data
- Personal data is shared with third parties like accountants and businesses.
This may be used for the purpose of cross marketing relevant services to you.
- At times, we are required by law to share information that may include personal data. Such situations arise during legal proceedings, or when complying with legal obligations, orders of a court, or government authority. Data may be shared with subsidiaries or company delivery centres for the purpose of fulfilling requirements as spelt out in the contract.
- For the purpose of compiling statistics about Our Site, date on parameters such as traffic, usage patterns, statistics on users and sales are collated. This data precludes any personally identifying data, which can be used either by itself or in combination with other data to identify any user. Such statistical data, stripped of all identifiable information may be shared with third parties including investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers within the limitations of regulations in force.
- We rely on third party data processors located outside of the EU. This transfer of personal data outside of EU, will be overseen with reasonable steps to ensure that data is treated with maximum safety as per provisions of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
Event of Business ownership changing
- When such transfers do take place, you will be contacted and intimated of the changes. You will also have the liberty to have your data deleted or withheld from the controlling entity.
- Apart from the provisions of the GDPR section 4, when personal data is submitted via Our Site, you will receive options to restrict use of the data. This includes the ability to unsubscribe to mailers through links and while furnishing contact information.
- Additionally, as a registered entity in The Telephone Preference Service, the Corporate Telephone Preference Service, and the Mailing Preference Service you will not be the recipient of unsolicited marketing. However, users will continue to receive marketing communications consented to by the receiver,
The right to not furnish all information that is sought
- Users can access certain pages of Our Site without furnishing any information.
Access Own Data
Users can seek a copy of personal data held by Us under the provisions of the GDPR without the need for any payment of fee.
- First party Cookies positioned on your computer or device refer to those cookies placed directly and used by Us. Cookies are used to facilitate and improve user experience of Our Site.
- Use of Our Site may also result in the placement of certain third party Cookies on your computer or device, placed by websites, services other than Us. These Cookies have no bearing on our site performance, and will not impair site experience if consent is denied.
- Prior to placement of Cookies on your computer or device, your consent will be sought. By consenting to Cookies you permit Us to provide better experience and service. Alternatively, you are at liberty to deny consent to Cookies, and this may result in certain features of Our Site not functioning in the manner it functioned with cookies.
- Our Site has certain features that hinge on Cookies to function and are deemed as “strictly necessary”. You are liberty to block these Cookies but this could result in Our Site not working in the manner it should have performed.
- Users have the option to enable or disable Cookies in browsers, with options existing to disable all cookies or third party Cookies alone.